I pull this list out every year, as it's a good reminder. There are good reasons to go ahead and put your home on the market in Atlanta, rather than waiting until the dreary January. So...Here are the Top 10 Reasons to List Your Home During the Holidays...
1. People who look at property during the holidays are serious buyers and are more ready to make a decision.
2. Serious buyers usually have fewer houses to choose from during the holidays, so the property has less competition.
3. Houses “show better” when tastefully decorated for the holidays with the wonderful lights and festive colors associated with the season. So much so, that you'll see families drive through neighborhoods like Hamilton Mill to see the lights.
4. Buyers are more emotional during the holidays and often base their decision on the warmth and good feelings they receive when viewing the home.
5. Buyers have more time to look for a house during the holidays because they have designated time off from work to purchase a home.
6. Many people want to buy before the end of the year for financial and tax reasons.
7. January is traditionally the month for transfers. Transferees can’t wait until the spring to buy. These buyers need a home now and houses must be on the market to capture these buyers.
8. Sellers can restrict showings during personal family events and still take advantage of their homes being spruced up and decorated “show ready” property.
9. Sellers can sell now – but specify a delayed closing or extended occupancy until early next year if it is agreeable within the negotiations of the contract.
10. By selling now sellers have the opportunity to buy during the spring – when more properties are on the market.
Contact our team at 678.467.7554 if you would like to have a FREE no obligation consultation.